You are here:

Immigration Issues/Canadian to Immigrate to US..Married to American


I was married to an Canada...two years ago.  I have no criminal record, etc..  My wife has been living in Canada with me, but we're planning on going back to her home state.  What is the cost, and process to get US residency, and be able to legally work in the States?  

Also, would you know the process for her to get Landed Immigrant status in Canada?  We would both like to be 'legal' in both countries, as we both have family in our Homelands.

Thank you.

She would need to file for your permanent residency.  You probably would need to get an approved I-130 (one of the forms that would need to be filed) and then consular process to obtain your actual stamp permitting entry to the US as a permanent resident.  Costs depend greatly on how this is being pursued but attorney fees would likely b at least $1900.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.