Immigration Issues/Change of Status from OPT to H1B

Question
My OPT expired on July 31st and I got my H1B starting from Oct Ist. Since grace period is only 60 days, Pl. inform my options. Should I go to India and get stamped before Oct Ist? Can I go to Canada for stamping instead? or Can I stay here and start my work from Oct Ist?

Answer
Babu: There are not many options out there for you. I would suggest that you leave the country and reenter on H visa status. You can go to Canada and obtain the H visa, but you can enter only 10 days before the start date of your employment.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer, suite 302
Houston, TX 77042
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan