Immigration Issues/Change of Status

Question
Hi
I have a question regarding my visa.I am in USA.I am currently on F2 visa.I have applied for the H1B visa this year and through the  change of status.Can i also apply for the F1 visa this year.At this time can i apply for F1 visa as a change of status.USCIS will accept my application of F1 visa as a change of status while they still have one of my application for H1B as a change of status.
Thanks
Gargi  

Answer

If your H-1B petition is approved, you will be granted change of status automatically on October 01, 2007 (that was probably the start date requested on the H-1B petition, as the visa cap precluded requesting an earlier start date).

Therefore, if you want to continue your F-1 status, you will need to withdraw the H-1B petition. Do not withdraw the petition without speaking to the international student advisor at the university and obtaining new I-20 etc. The student advisor will also assist you with filling out Form I-539, if required, in order to continue being in F-1 status without interruption.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora