Immigration Issues/Change of status


I am currently on my H4 visa and have an approved H1 B visa. However my approval notice says that I need to go back to India to get my H1 b stamped. You said that there is a way to file a change of status in USA itself (to avoid having to go back to India). Do you know approximately how much it costs? Can I do it on my own or does my company have to do it for me? Please let me know soon. Thanks.  


Our firm charges $1250.00 for filing H-1B petitions. This does not include the USCIS filing fee. The H-1B is filed by the employer, so you got to have the company do it.


Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.