Immigration Issues/Changing J1 status

Question
Dear Mark,

I am currently on J1 Trainee visa doing an internship in United States. My J1 is not a subject to 2 year rule. I am trying to change my status to stay and work in the US. This is actually my 4th J1 and I am in good standing with US Immigrations, since all 3 times I came back during required program dates and had no run-ins with the law. The only problem is that I cannot extend on J1, since it was issued for the maximum 18 month period. I have a Bachelor's degree in Marketing. So my question is, should I look for a company to hire me on a H1B status or are there any other options for me? Thank you so much!

Answer
Anastasiya,
I do not know enough from the facts that you have supplied to give you a thorough evaluation.  It does appear that an H would be a good fit for you.  However, there are no current H visas available for the current year and will only become available in October 2008.

I suggest that you schedule an appointment with an immigration attorney so that he can fully evaluate your case and credentials to give you an idea about your options.
Good luck.
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley