Immigration Issues/Changing Jobs after PERM

Question
Hello,

The PERM process was approved and my company is filing for an EB2 for me (I-140 & I-145) at the same time.  When can I change jobs?  I have been with the same company for 7 years.

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Chris,

You can change jobs after I-140 has been approved, and I-485 has been pending for six months. Example: I-140 is approved in 4 months--you can change jobs after 2 additional months and still obtain I-485 approval. The new job should be in the same or similar occupational category as the job that you are leaving.

The USCIS should be notified of the job change by attaching the following: copy of I-485 receipt notice; copy of I-140 approval notice; and a letter from the new company stating your date of hire, job title, salary, duties and responsibilities, and perhaps the requirements for the job (such as a master's degree).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora