Immigration Issues/Changing Student F1 visa to permanent (immigrant) resident status

Question
Dear Mr. Hay,
I studied at a high school in the US on a J1 visa in 2003/2004 and went back to Europe, Czech Republic. Now, I was accepted to NCSU University and have been issued a F1 status. I am eager of becoming a proud US Citizen. My visa, though, is to expire in 2011. That is over 4 years - time for college. Is there any way I could change my F1 status to a permanent resident status, so I would get a social security number and after a few years could apply for citizenship? It is too long to wait till 2011 for me.
I most appreciate Your answer, by the way, my dad is also a lawyer, so I am glad I could ask You.
Wish You all the Best in the future :)
Andrew Sadlik

Answer
I don't know right off the top of my head of any way to be come a US citizen from your current status.  What needs to happen first is that you become a Permanent Resident, and this is not automatic. You have to either receive a job opportunity that qualifies, or you have to marry a US citizen.  

Best of luck.

Alexander J. Hay