Immigration Issues/Changing visa Status

Question
Hi, my name is Barbara. I'm Brazilian and holding a JI visa. In my passport it says that "the bearer is not subject to section 202(E).Two year rule does not apply. "
My visa will expire in Feb. 2006 and I've been sending resumes to airline companies in order to be hired as a flight attendant.If one of these companies decide to hire me what should I do concerning my visa status? How can I change my the JI to HI? Am I eligible to do so?I don't have a degree yet.
How long does it take to change the status of my visa?

Thank you very much.

Answer
If you are not subject to the 2 year home residency requirement, you should be eligilbe to change to H-1B status.  The forms for this proceedure are about 20 pages long so it is far too complex to descripe here (I have a 1200 or so page book that has been written on the subject).  You need to have a degree, or the equivalent of a US Bachelor's degree, to qualify for an H-1B visa.  Additionally, all H-1B numbers for fiscal year 2006 have been exhausted.  It would be impossible to apply for an H-1B with a start date before October 1, 2006 at this point unless the company is exempt or you hold a Master's Degree or higher from a U.S. University.

James D. Mills, Esq.