You are here:

Immigration Issues/Changr of statu to H1B


I have graduated from a US highschool, I got my 4 year University degree in the US, after 2 years being home I returend to the US as an MBA student on F1 visa.
However, I have hard time payimg my education and I my question is:
If I drop out of school (becoming out of status) will I be able to get an H1B visa even that I am not in school or is there any other way arround? (like maybe transfering to a visitors visa)

Thank you for your answers

You cannot get an H-1B visa if you are out of status. You can apply for a visitors visa but it would be difficult to get an approval in your situation. If you have an employer you should explore curricular practical training, check this out with your international student advisor.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.