Immigration Issues/US Citizenship N-400 Interview

In my US Citizenship interview in St. Louis, MO I told IO about my 2003 speeding ticket and gave fine paid info, however, originally I had checked NO in N-400 form. Passed the Englsih and US history test and the officer told me that you will receive a letter in 1-2 months with info when and where to go for Oath. However, she gave me a letter with check mark on "You passed the tests------" and at "A decision cannot yet be made about your application" but not at "Congratulations!---- Oath ceremony". My wife's same leter is checked on "Congratulations!-----". Please let me know if it is normal and I will receive the Oath letter on time and it wouldn't delay? Please help me out.

Your initial answer of No was correct. It would have been wise of you to keep your mouth shut about it since the instructions clearly state that Class C misdemeanors (traffic tickets) are not to be included and you had no one reason to inform them of it. As to what they are doing, or what they intend to do, or why your application is taking longer, there is absolutely no way that I or anyone else could know without being privy to the processing of your individual application. It may be that your information is being reviewed to make sure it really is just a Class C misdemeanor, in which case it may take several months before they conclude that you do in fact qualify (that is assuming there is nothing else in your records that will disqualify you).

Good luck.

Alexander J. Hay

I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".

I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar