Immigration Issues/Citizenship issue

Followup To
Question -
I applied for my citizenship over 2 years ago, I was schedule for an interview in 2 different opportunities and both interviews were cancelled a couple of days prior to my schedule appointment.
Up to this date I have not been schedule for an interview. I made a couple of phone calls and one visit to immigration but they are not giving me reasons of the cause of the delay on my interview. Do you thing is there any issue I should be concern with? should I hire a lawyer to help me with my case?
Thank You
Answer -
Have you ever been arrested byt he police or had any problems with Immigration? Who sponsored you for your green card?

In 1989 I was charged with a DWI in the state of NJ, I wrote all the facts in my application and I did send a copy of my driving records. I have a perfect driving record, I did not think that would be a major issue. My wife was the sponsor for my green card and we have been married for over 18 years now.

What should I expect and what would you think are my chances of getting the citizenship knowing this fact.

Thank you

Since the conviction was more than 5 years ago you are eligible to apply but they could deny it in their discretion. Your choices are - 1. Continue to make infopass appts to check on the status/contact a Congressman's office in your district, so they can write a letter on your behalf. or 2. Re-file.

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>