Immigration Issues/Confused


I am an american citizen and have an under age daughter born outside U.S. that I will like to bring here to stay, do I file form I-130? Is that enough or I need to file another one for her to stay? Someone told me that I have to file I-485 but after reading all the information in the INS website it doesn't sound like is the right one, on the website it says to file I-824 but there is space for her to sign she can't sign because she is too young and she doesn't know how to write yet, what should I do?  

If your daughter is abroad, you file form I-130 at the USCIS Service Center. If she is here and entered legally, you file the I-130 and I-485 with the local office of Immigration.

Let me know if you want a good lawyer to process the paperwork. Immiration is Federal Law and can be practiced in any state. I am based in NY but have processed cases all over the United States. My email is



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.