Immigration Issues/Converting B2 to H1

Question
Hello Mr.Ajay,
Iam Augustine from Paris, but actually am of Indian origin,am a student here completing my MBA.
I am applying for a Visit Visa to US and my aunt is sponsporing the vist, she is a citizen of US.
After reaching US i wan to convert it to H1B visa? is ti possible and how long will it take?
Also here from paris i guess to reach US a visit visa is simple rather than any other visa?
Please do give me your advice so as to minimise my risk and obtaining a H1B.

I hope to hear from you at the earliest since am Appearing for Vist B2 visa in Paris soon.

Regards
Augustine

Answer
Hi Augustine,

A visitor visa (B-2) is not very difficult to obtain. The following website is helpful: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1265.html

Augustine, for changing status from visitor to H-1B, you must find a U.S. employer willing to sign the H-1B petition. The H-1B petition will be filed with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) and after approval you will either be granted "change of status" from visitor to H-1B, or else you will need to leave the U.S. and be issued H-1B visa by a U.S. Consulate abroad based on the H-1B approval notice by the USCIS. Good luck in your job search.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora