Immigration Issues/Correspondence courses

Question
Dear Sir,
I have already applied for PR to Federal Sys. Canada,
Well, it takes the hell lot of time of about 4-5 years.
I would like to apply for HSMP UK  (under 28)meanwhile.
I have a few queries which i have tried to sort out from many but failed.
My doubts are :-
1. I did my masters in India thru correspondence. Will it fetch me any points?
2. My expeirence of Senior Accountant fetches Managerial level experience? & last
3. How to ensure safety of my original documents?

Answer
Hi Amit,

I had no idea that the Canadian residency programme took 4 to 5 years - you live and learn!

For HSMP, as long as your Masters is a recognised qualification from an approved school or University you should be okay and it should qualify for points. It is difficult to assess your experience without seeing a list of your duties and responsibilities. The Home Office are more concerned with the actual job than job titles. Safety of documents is a prime concern. I always use a secure form of post or a courier service who offer a track and trace service.

Although it is perfectly possible to do your own application, you may find it useful to use an OISC registered Immigration Advisor. (I would be happy to help you find one). They can give you an accurate, and objective, assessment of your points total, can handle the secure delivery of your documents in the UK, and deal with any questions the Home Office might have.

Hope this answers your questions, please feel free to ask again if you need any more help

Ian Westwood