Immigration Issues/Credit History on Green Card Application

Question
Thanks for the answer Robert!  I have another follow up question though.  I was wondering if you know what would happen, if I can't pay them the amount I owed.  I know it will hurt my credit history for sure, but what other actions thay would take?  and what leads to criminal conviction?  How do they decided?  And how can I appeal if I was being charged?  Thanks for your help!  

Daniel
-------------------------

Followup To

Question -
I owed the credit card company money and was unable to repay them, I was wondering if in the future, if I ever going to obtain my permanent resident status through marriage, will the bad credit history affects the application process? Thanks a lot!

Answer -
NO - BUT YOUR SPOUSE WILL AHVE TO SHOW PROOF OF BEING ABLE TO SUPPORT YOU OR YOU WILL NEED A CO-SPONSOR. THE ONLY WAY YOUR CREDIT HISTORY WOULD HURT YOU IS IF YOU GOT A CRIMINAL CONVICTION FROM IT FOR FRAUD OR SUCH.

REGARDS,

ROBERT

Answer
They can sue you and obtain a judgement against you and seek to have your wages garnished or your assets forclosed upon.

It is not a criminal thing unless there is fraud involved like forging someone's signature or using a phony credit card.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>