Immigration Issues/My Daughter Emily Brown's Immigration

Question
Good morning

I am a Citizen of US as of March '05 and married to a native American.  We were advised by an immigration officer that my daughter (27 years old) would be eligible to come and live with me.  She arrived April 25 '05 leaving her job in London working for the Crown Prosecution Service as Correspondent and selling her flat and car.  We filed all the relevant forms to Chicago only to find out yesterday that indeed the information provided was incorrect!  We must now first file I-130 and also I-539 in order to have her visa (hopefully extended).  I am so worried they will deport her.  Is there anything further I can do?  From a worried mother.

Kind regards
Jennie Milne-Woods

Answer
She probably entered on the visa waiver program and therefore is ineligible to change status in the US.  The wait time before she is eligible to file an I-485 to adjust to green card status is currently about 4 years, assuming that she is not married.

Never trust the advice on an immigration officer.  They are not attorneys and they are not licensed or qualified to provide legal advice.

James D. Mills, Esq.