Immigration Issues/Daughter in England


I came from England 5+ years ago and have become a resident of the US. I have my own business and plan to marry a US citizen soon. My daughter is 26 married with 2 children and lives in England.She is wanting to move over to the States with her family and be with me. Is there any way shape or form of making this happen.
Yours.  Missing her daughter very much.  

Unless your daughter can get some type of immigration status in her own right (through employment for example) then you would need to naturalize and apply for a green card as the adult married daughter of a US citizen.  The waiting time for this type of green card is currently about 7-8 years.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.