Immigration Issues/Dear Mr Ajay, My current...

Question
Dear Mr Ajay,
My current status is L2 with EAD.Visa and EAD expiring Jan .

1.Our visa extension (spouse in L1A blanket)would be filed only by Oct end,which means my extension would be in hand only by december.
a.Can i apply for EAD WITH RECEIPT NO?
b.Can i continue to work for my employer after applying for EAD in case if i dont get renewal ead before it expires.

2.I was woring for an European MNC at its branch office in India for about 6 years and resigned in December 2004.If the US office of that MNC recruits me am i eligible for L1B.I am basically a engineer with some advanced training on the specialised products that company deals with.

Thanks in advance

Best Rgds
bestin

Answer
Dear Bestin,

Both the L1A extension and the L2 with EAD application can be filed together at end of October.

You must discontinue employment when your current EAD expires unless you receive the new EAD by that time.

Since you were working abroad in a suitable capacity for at least one year during the past 3 years, a L1B petition can be filed for you by the US office of the MNC.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora