Immigration Issues/Deportation/ immigrant marriage

Question
I married an immigrant who was here illegally from Jamaica 2 1/2 years ago, and I haven't seen him since.  I am looking for him in order to get divorced.  I heard that his best friend was deported back to Jamaica, and I think it is a possibility that he was as well.  Is there any way to find out if he was deported?  Are there any records of deportations that are available to me?

Answer
Filing a freedom of information act request may work.  It also may be possible to inquire with USCIS but since I have never tried to do this, I don't know how far it would go.  If necessary, private investigators normally can bring resources that you or I are unable to utilize.

James D. Mills, Esq.