Immigration Issues/Deportation/ immigrant marriage

I married an immigrant who was here illegally from Jamaica 2 1/2 years ago, and I haven't seen him since.  I am looking for him in order to get divorced.  I heard that his best friend was deported back to Jamaica, and I think it is a possibility that he was as well.  Is there any way to find out if he was deported?  Are there any records of deportations that are available to me?

Filing a freedom of information act request may work.  It also may be possible to inquire with USCIS but since I have never tried to do this, I don't know how far it would go.  If necessary, private investigators normally can bring resources that you or I are unable to utilize.

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997