Immigration Issues/Deportation?

Question
Hello,
I have aquestion.My mother married an US citizen on 2/22/2002,we applied for green card and got it in summer of 2003.I moved out and started college,but was convicted of a theft of a first degree on Sep. 14,2004.I stole one item from a department store nd my maximum sentence was a year in jail,but I got away with a fine.They also said that it will be cleared from my criminal record exactly one year after the offence.
But meanwhile,I have realized that I have to reapply for my residency by summer of 2005.
I was just wondering what you think about my sitution and how do you think I should proceed.Can I be deported or found inadmissable?

Answer
Theft is a Crime Involving Moral Turpitude and can therefore have serious immigration consequences.  This is not the type of question that I can answer briefly in this type of forum.  You need to consult with an immigration attorney before doing anything.

James D. Mills, Esq.