Immigration Issues/Double nationality

Question
Hello,

I were born in US but all my life I've been living in Mexico.

When my mom came back to Mexico she registered me there, so I have two birth certificates, in one says that I were born in Texas and in the other says that I were born in Mexico.

I'm working in Mexico as a mexican, I have all my legal papers.

When I go to US the immigration officer always stops me, and do a lot of questions about why I'm living in Mexico, If I have a work in Mexico, If I'm studying, If I have permissions.

The thing is that I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

Do I'm breaking the law? If so what law i'm breaking

Sorry for my bad english, I'm not good enough.

Regards

WK

Answer
I think your mother did something very wrong when she registered you as being born in both the USA and Mexico. It was unnecessary, stupid, and is now going to give you trouble.  Under US law, being born in the USA gives you the right to be a US citizen. Under Mexican law having Mexican parents makes a Mexican citizen. So there was no need to lie about your birth.

In addition it is ok to have duel citizenship.  If you were born in the USA, and you decided to become a US citizen then you are a US citizen. I don't know how old you are, but you may have missed the opportunity to become a US citizen now.  You are supposed to elect with the US government to become a US citizen at a certain age.  However, they almost never enforce that.  What might make them enforce this is if they discover the fraud your mother perpetrated with your birth. The US government will assume that if your mother was lieing she was lieing about you being born in the USA.  They will argue that your true birth certificate is the Mexican one, and the forged one is the US birth certificate.

It is really very unfortunate.  I am not sure what you want???  Do you want to be a US citizen?  Do you have a Social Security number?  Do you have a US Passport?

I suggest you contact an immigration lawyer and try to work that out.

Alexander J. Hay