Immigration Issues/EAD and H1

Question
Dear Sir,
       I came to USA with my wife on April 28th 2006 on J2 visa. I have applied my Emlpoyment authorisation on May 24 th 2006.Till now there is no information and I am not getting appointment for Interim EAD as they have stopped Inetrim EAD. Can I get H1 visa in some way. I have done MBA and Masters in Public Administration from India.

Thank you,

Rajendra Singh Rawat  

Answer
Dear Mr. Rawat,

You should have received a receipt notice from the USCIS with a case number about two weeks after Form I-765 was filed. This will allow you to track the case online. The EAD should be issued anytime now, asssuming that the case was properly filed (meaning that you have received the receipt notice).

You appear qualified for H-1B. However, you need a suitable job offer from a U.S. employer. Secondly, there is a visa cap in effect, so that the earliest that the H-1B petition can be filed is April 01, 2007 withi expected employment start date of October 01, 2007.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora