Immigration Issues/EAD denial and I 485 rfe

Question
My husband applied for EAD renewal while our  I485 is in process. He got a denial notice for his EAD saying the I 485 is approved. After 3 days of receiving this notice we asked for RFE on I 485 which we are submitting in this week. Is there anyway My husband can approach the USCIS to get EAD? Our I 485 is on NIW category.
Thanks,
Durga

Answer
Durga,
Sorry for the delay in answering your question, I have been out of the office.  Based upon what you have stated, it could be a mistake on behalf of the Service in stating the I485 is approved.  The only option would be to get an info pass and explain your circumstances to expedite the EAD process.
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley