Immigration Issues/Eloping with foreigner

Question
QUESTION: Hello Robert hollander Esq., im 20 years old, full u.s. citizen, and Im going to be eloping with my jamaican fiance... She is here on a student visa, if she is going to apply for a green card, will we be able to go through the interview process even though my family does not know about the marriage? Do we need to have the same household? I will probably be living between her house and my parents house... and, is there a way to waive the affidavit of support? or is she able to cosign it? im a poor college student, and im not sure I have the resources to sponser her. (what if she is sponsered by someone else? or her job?)Hello Robert hollander Esq., im 20 years old, full u.s. citizen, and Im going to be eloping with my jamaican fiance... She is here on a student visa, if she is going to apply for a green card, will we be able to go through the interview process even though my family does not know about the marriage? Do we need to have the same household? I will probably be living between her house and my parents house... and, is there a way to waive the affidavit of support? or is she able to cosign it? im a poor college student, and im not sure I have the resources to sponser her. (what if she is sponsered by someone else? or her job?)
ANSWER: You do not need your parents approval to marry or get him a green card. You should beliving inthe same household after marriage and creating joint bills and accounts. The affiavit of support can not be waived, but you can include his income once you are married andliving together for 6 months. Otherwise, you can use a finanical co-sponsor that is a friend or relative.

Robert

QUESTION: Am I able to be in part of two households? My parents still claim me as a dependant since im living in with them while im going to college... If I were to put my name on her lease and share the bills, would that bec onsidered living with her?

Answer
Immigration would probably not be happy if they knew but you might get by. You should have as many of the following as possible: joint lease/phone/cable and utility bills as well as a joint bank account/credit cards/life insurance/health insurance/auto insurance/pictures. You should also file taxes together after marraige.

Robert  

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>