You are here:

Immigration Issues/Employer transfer on an L-1


I saw in one of your responses that you stated that a L-1 visa holder can transfer to a different employer as long as they are an L-employer. I would be grateful if you could explain a little further as I had always previously understood that L-1 visa holders could not change jobs/employers.

Many thanks in advance for your response.

I am sorry but you must have misunderstood my response and the facts surrounding my response.  You change to another employer if you have worked for that employer outside the US for a year if it was within a three year time period.
Good luck.
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]