Immigration Issues/Employment

Question
My friend isn't a citizen but her mother a U.S. citizen. She wants to get a good job but she is afraid that she can't get one since she isn't a citizen.  What does she need to do or require in order for her to get a job?

Answer

Unless your friend is here illegally, it really should not matter whether she is a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident of the U.S. in terms of obtaining suitable employment.

If your friend has been a permanent resident for 5 years, she can apply for U.S. citizenship.

If your friend is here illegally but initially entered the U.S. legally (and subsequently overstayed the terms of her visitor visa, for example), her mother can sponsor her so that she can receive permanent resident status and then U.S. citizenship eventuaally.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora