Immigration Issues/Expired B-2 Visa

Question
Hello,
I have a couple questions if I may.
1. My wife and I are going through the immigration process now and here is our situation. She came here on a B-2 Visa when she was 10 with her parents. The visa has since expired so what are the problems we'll face. I've read that people that come here "illegally" usally have a harder time. She came here legally but is now illegal because of the expired Visa.
2. My wife's sister/my sister in-law came with my wife and their family on the same now expired visa. She was 5 when they came, and she just now turned 18 and cannot do anything. The state I live in (Tennessee) has been making it hard for "illegal" people to get anything. Is there anything that my sister in-law can do to help her status? I know the USCIS doesn't care that she was brought here at the age of 5 by her parents, but I am just trying to find something that may help the situation because the girl has lived here the majority of her life. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Answer
What is your status???  That is the real issue.  Are you a US citizen?

I suggest you read up on the subject, or hire an immigration attorney familiar with family law issues.  This is too complicated to be able to answer without a great deal more information, and this is not right place to deal with that.

Alexander J. Hay