Immigration Issues/F-1 to H-1B transfer

Question
Hi I'm currently on a F-1 visa ( been her for a year now) I haven't graduated and I'm not in OPT/CPT. My question is can I file for COS to a H-1 if I find employment and a sponsor.(CPT is not an option).If I can how much time would it take and can I do it now (july)

Answer

Due to visa cap being reached for persons with a bachelor's degree or equivalent, the earliest that the H-1B petition can be filed is April 01, 2007 with requested employment date of October 01, 2007.

The following website is helpful: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/FY07H1BCap_060106PR.pdf

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora