Immigration Issues/F-1 Leave of Absence

I am a Norwegian citizen, currently on a one year leave of absence from a 4 year university in California. I have already been attending the university for three years, and need an additional two semesters to finish my bachelor degree in political science. My problem is, however, that my last semester at my school, although I did register for a full-time course of study, and did regularly attend classes, I did not at all do good on my finals, and ended up with mostly Fs and a D. I did not get suspended from the school, however, I did request a leave of absence to go back to Norway to work and will be attending classes here in Norway relevant to my major, in order to get my grades and GPA back up. My question is however, I am still technically enrolled at my school, but since I will have been gone for more than five months, I will need a new F-1 visa. I realize that this might be hard to get as I failed 2 out of 3 classes last semester, and got a D in the last one. Is there any chance that I will be able to get the new F-1 visa by showing that I will be able to graduate within a year, that I still am enrolled and will be going to academic counseling, and that I have taken courses in my home country to make up for my mistakes?

As you not violated your F status, I would suggest that in addition to the normal documents such as support, I-20 etc. you also back up your F visa application with letters from your academic counsellor or advisor on your intention/ability to complete your degree requirements.
Best of luck.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,