Immigration Issues/F-2

Question
Dear Sir,
         Currently, I am on F-1 visa and planning to lodge F-2 soon. I have heard that F-2 in Usa can take 3 months. My question is while F-2 visa processing is ongoing Can I lodge for non profitable H1b visa or I have to first get F-2 visa nd then apply for non profitable H1b.
Thank you very much in anticipation.

Answer
Jatinder:

The problem with filing F=2 and a H-1B simultaneously would be that we cannot forecast which application would be approved first. This would result in you getting your H approved and then the F-2 and you may have to file/amend the H later.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan