Immigration Issues/F1 - J1 - H1b

Question
I am presently temping on my OPT wich will expire 7/30/06. The new H1b would come out for Oct. 1st and all employers I am talking to can not accept the fact that I would not be eligible to work for two months (august and september). Is there any legal way to obtain a work permit for these two months? Am I eligible for a J1 (18 months) visa after using my OPT completely? In this case I could go for the H1b in 2007.

Answer
Hi Lena,

Although you cannot legally be employed for those two months, you may be able to "volunteer" your time.

J-1 is possible only if the sponsor is eligible to issue Form DS-2019: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1267.html

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora