Immigration Issues/F1 issue


I got a F1 visa and moved to the US in August 2004. I have managed to maintain my status as a student until recently when i missed to register for the fall 2007 semester, due to financial setbacks and health issues(i was constanly sick, found out that i was pregnant and had to abort due to my immigrant status, inability to afford and the fact that i have no insurance or employment). I am aware that i have only five months to act fast and do something about my status. What can i do? thank u

Well you need to get enrolled somewhere in school. Although you missed the current enrollment, can you get enrolled in the next semester? It sounds like you are having a lot of problems that have nothing to do with visa or your education. Do you even want to continue with the program? If not then you should just return home, and try to sort things out.

Best of luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.