Immigration Issues/F1 student and arrest

Question
I am an F1 student married to a Citizen for 5mths now. My husband is  abt to send off the I485 form, but I was arrested and spent 9hrs in jail  for slapping him with a plastic on his arm(wasn't serious, just a  scratch). I wasn't charge nor  went to court, they just sent me home. My  husband said they discriminated agianst me based on the remarks that the  police officer said. Would this prevent me from getting my Green Card?
Do we need a lawyer? Can we write a letter and attach it to I485  explaining the arrest telling them about all that the police said?

Thank you  

Answer

Since there was no conviction, your I-485 should be approved. On page 3 of the I-485 you should check that yes, you have been previously arrested, but you can attach a letter explanining the arrest and attaching a disposition of the arrest.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora