Immigration Issues/F1 student and arrest

Question
I am an F1 student married to a Citizen for 5mths now. My husband is abt to send off the I485 form, but I was arrested and spent 9hrs in jail for slapping him with a plastic on his arm(wasn't serious, just a scratch). I wasn't charge nor  went to court, they just sent me home. My husband said they discriminated agianst me based on the remarks that the police officer said. Would this prevent me from getting my Green Card? Do we need a lawyer? Can we write a letter and attach it to I485 explaining the arrest telling them about all that the police said?

Thank you

Answer
Debbie,
Usually, just getting arrested would not pose a problem in the adjustment of status issue.  As long as you have not been convicted of the crime.  You should disclose this information on the forms that you file where appropriate.  I would suggest that you hire an attorney to fill the forms correctly as your explanation is not sufficient.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley