Immigration Issues/F1 visa help

Question
Dear Sir,
I am from Pakistan and my case is approve by
USCIS and send me approvel letter after some weeks NVC
send me a waiting letter.My case is Family First performance(F1)and my date is may2004.Dear sir i am confuse by Visa Bulletin they said that 22jan01 is runing
and my date is 2004 how many year i got visa.
Pls sir answer that nvc give me(ISL)number and ask me we have your case on file we will contact you further.Give an idea how many year i will wait for visa.

Answer
Hi Ikram,

If you were sponsored in Jan. 2001, then then priority date would be current and a visa would be immediately available. Since you were sponsored in May, 2004, I would say that you would need to wait at least 2 more years before a visa would be available in the F1 category.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora