You are here:

Immigration Issues/F2 to H1, time to apply for 2007


I am under F2 visa, and I am planning to apply to H1 through an employer willing to sponsor me. They need me starting on August 2007. I would like to know if I apply now, can I get the new visa before August? How long does it take?
Also, I would like to know if the right form to fill out is the I-129?

There are no h1 visa numbers available until October 2008.  If your employer is cap exempt then you could file for an H1b at any time.  

That is the right form but I suggest that you not venture into filing for an H1 on your own and that you hire a attorney to keep you from making mistakes.
Mark Ashley  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.