Immigration Issues/F2 to H1 transfer

Question
I am presently on F1 student visa. I am marrying in march 2007. My fiancee presently in India wants to work in US after marriage. So I want to apply for H1
visa for my fiancee in april 2007.But the H1 visa comes into effect from Oct 1st 2007. Can I simultanously apply for F2 visa in may 2007 so that she can come to US before hand ? Will there be any issues in applying for F2 and status change H1 later in US ? Should she go compulsorily go to India to convert to H1  status after oct 1st 2007.

Please provide your suggestions

Thanks,
Ravi

Answer

Your wife will apply for F-2 visa directly at the Consulate after marriage. There is no visa application to be filed with the USCIS beforehand.

After your wife enters the U.S. in F-2 visa status, the H-1B petition can be filed with the USCIS. She will be granted change of status to H-1B effective October 01, 2007.

Your wife will remain in F-2 visa status until October 01, 2007, at which point she will automatically be in H-1B status. She does not need to leave the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora