Immigration Issues/F2 to H1
I am Indian by nationality. My husband is in US on F1.
Now, i also want to join him but not sure of H1(because of lattery system this year).
I came across F2 visa, but i am an Computer Engineer by profession so would like to continue working in US.
1. Please tell me if i can go on F2 since my husband is already on F1 in US?
2. Please tell me how long it would take for me to convert F2 to H1.
3. Also, is there any other way(or visa) that i can join my husband with/without wokring.
Waiting for your resopnse.
1. You can go on F2 without problem.
2. It is the same process that you did this year.
3. If he is on F1 you can only join him on F2 or you can join him on H1 on your own but as you know the H visa nubers are already taken for this year. There may be an option for you to work for a university or institution which is not subject to the H cap and work.