Immigration Issues/FBI background check

Question
I lost my legal status when my husband divorced me. It has been almost a year and a half since I am in this situation. During that time I was taking prerequisite classes at a local collage that were required for the Nursing Program. Just recently Iíve received a letter that Iíve got accepted into the program. One of the requirements for the program is sending my fingerprints to FBI for criminal background check. I am wondering if by doing so I am risking being deported.

Many Thanks,
Laura

Answer

There is no risk of deportation based on sending fingerprints for FBI check. However, do not misrepresent your immigration status on any governmental forms (in case there is a question about your immigration status on any forms).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora