You are here:

Immigration Issues/FOIA for illegal immigrant


Hello, my wife came here illegally when she was 17 years old.

She was caught by border patrol and released the next day.  I was advised my a community svs layer to request her FOIA...please advise me of how that's done...

Do I need her signature on the request?  He says that he needs to find out if she was deported or not to consider a I-601 waiver...


Since yur wife came here illegally, she is not eligible to process her green card here anyway unless she had something pending for her green card before April 30, 2001. If she has been here for more than a year after turning 18 she is subject to a 10 year bar if hse leaves, in addition to the waiver she would need if she were ordered deported.

In any event the FOIA request is done on fomr G-639 which can be gotten from the Immigration website at



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.