Immigration Issues/Family Based Immigration

Question
Sir,
My Brother is a US Citizen, He filed a petition for my parents , the process took about a year, and now they will be getting their final call from the embassy in a month or so, and will then be travelling to the US, after that they want to file a petition for me, I am 17 right now, but obviously they cant file a petition for me now, as they have to wait until they get Green Card, I want a suggestion from you, I want to study in US, Should I apply for Immigration Through My Parents or Should I apply for Study Visa, We At This Point of time have property out here in Pakistan which is worth approx 1,75,000 US $ and some bank accounts, which contain about 30,000 US $, I am a good student, and i am able to take admission in a US Universty. What are my chances ? and I apply through Family Based Immigration , What WOuld Be My Age At The Time I would be allowed to travel to US . ThankYou, Regards, Mubashir

Answer

Yes, apply for a F-1 (student visa) upon admittance to a University. You will be issued Form I-20 by the university, and then you can apply at the Consulate for a F-1 visa.

After your parents become green card holders, then they can sponsor you. However, you will be in the F2A category, and this means that it will take about 5 years for a visa to become available in that category. Further information is here: http://h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Another point to keep in mind is that if your parents sponsor you in F2A category, the Consulate will surely not issue you a F-1 visa, and you will be considered to have an intent to immigrate to the U.S., and F-1 visa is a "nonimmigrant" visa.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora