Immigration Issues/Family Immigration

I filed a 1-130 for my mother who is living in India. I received notification that it is approved, and also that the final approval will be sent to the us consulate in india and that myt mother will be informed. It could take upto 90 days for that to happen.

When should my mother file the I-485 at the US consulate? Should I get the form ready, so she can take it to the consulate as soon as she receives notification from the USCIS?

Your Mother will NEVER file an I-485 at the consulate.  An I-485 is for adjustment of status for those persons in the United States.  You seem to misunderstand the process on a fundamental level and therefore I strongly suggest that you seek the assistance of a qualified attorney.

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997