Immigration Issues/Fiance Visa


Dear Alex,
I am a USC with a girlfriend from Thailand that came to the US in 2/07
to work as an Au Pair on a J1 visa.  We met in May and have been
dating.  She left the Au Pair program in 8/07. Making her out of status.
Is a fiance  visa possible?

You have left out a lot of facts here, and this is a very fact driven question. This is really not the right place to deal with this. You need to go to an immigration attorney, bring the girls passport, sit down answer questions, ask questions, etc.  I think you will find you will get the right answer if you give it a little bit of time. Unfortunately in cases like this the Internet tends to give more misinformation than information.

Get an attorney.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.