Immigration Issues/Fiance Visa

Question
Dear Alex,
I am a USC with a girlfriend from Thailand that came to the US in 2/07
to work as an Au Pair on a J1 visa.  We met in May and have been
dating.  She left the Au Pair program in 8/07. Making her out of status.
Is a fiance  visa possible?

Answer
You have left out a lot of facts here, and this is a very fact driven question. This is really not the right place to deal with this. You need to go to an immigration attorney, bring the girls passport, sit down answer questions, ask questions, etc.  I think you will find you will get the right answer if you give it a little bit of time. Unfortunately in cases like this the Internet tends to give more misinformation than information.

Get an attorney.

Alexander J. Hay