Immigration Issues/Fiance Visa

Question
Would you happen to know anything about Fiance Visas? K1 visa?

We have a few questions hoping that you can answer:

1.  Do you recommend a lawyer?

2.  Once we submit the papers, how long does it take to process (more or less)?

3.  Any thing that you might remember that it will really help us, any tips would be great!

4.  More less what are the total expenses? i know its $165 for the K1 visa.  Are there any others?

thank you and we really appreciate your help.

Brandon

Answer
Well I recommend myself. I have done over 1500 such visas.  It is difficult to say how long things take since things vary, but the visa process is a 2 step process.  First step is to apply for the visa with the BCIS.  That can take from 2 weeks to six months.  Then when approved, another set of documents must be handled through the consulate.  This can take from 2 to 6 months.  Tips:  Have you met with your fiance?  If so do you have pictures together, airplane tickets, dates and times, telephone bills to show how often you call, etc.  Total expense for me is $1500.00 including filing fees.

Best of luck.  Let me know if I can help.

Alexander J. Hay