Immigration Issues/Fiancee

Question
Hello,

According to USCIS, a person must have met with his fiancee in person within the last two years before filing I-129F for his fiancee. I have a friend who has been in relationship with his fiancee since May 2005. He already filed I-129F for his fiancee while his relationship has lasted for two years as required by USCIS. What will happen to his I-129F?

Thank you for your assistance.

Answer

Your friend meets the requirements since he met his fiancee within the past 2 years of filing the I-129F. There is no requirement that he know his fiancee for 2 years or more; the requirement is that he met her within the past 2 years.

The I-129F should be approved.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora