Immigration Issues/Filing instruction of form I-751

Question
Hi Ajay,
Currently I am a conditional permanent resident. I would like to file I-751 now.
Last year I travelled oversea to remodeling my new house in my home country
for exactly half year. Should I make a check on the form for the item 9? " Have
you resided at any other address since you became a permanent resident?". If I
make a check on it, I need to submit detail evidence about the date and address
where I lived and make explanation. I have no idea whether that travel will
count on "resided at other address".

Looking forward to your response!
Kitty

Answer
Hi Kitty,

I recommend checking yes. If there is an interview, you should be ready to state that your primary residence continued to be in the U.S. and that you were in India for specific temporary purpose (remodeling the house). Also, you continued to maintain relations to your spouse through email, phone, etc.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora