Immigration Issues/Filing two petitions

Question
I would like to ask if it is allowed or possible to file an H-1B even though an immigrant petition (I-140) has already been filed by other employer?

Answer
Hi Jane,

It is OK for an H-1B petition to be filed even though I-140 has already been filed by the employer.

H-1B visa status is a 'dual-intent' visa, which means that it allows for intention to immigrate to the U.S. even though it is a nonimmigrant visa. Therefore, H-1B status can be maintained until the very last stage of the green-card process (or until the I-485 application (also known as adjustment of status) is approved.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora