Immigration Issues/First name problem in passport

Question
The first name in my passport is having space in between it. i.e my actual name is YUVRAJ (as per all education documents, pan card etc.) But in my passport it is specified as YUV RAJ (with a space). I am going to apply for B1 visa and need to leave for U.S within 15 days.

I am concerned about this space issue. Is this really a big issue. Can my visa got rejected due to this?

Also due to time limit, I can't bear any change in passport now.

Also, while filling the visa application form, what first name i should specify.....YUVRAJ(my actual name) or YUV RAJ(as per passport).

What additional things I need to do to get off from this issue. (Do I need a affidavit to show that the two name belongs to same person).

Please let me know your concerns.

Answer

On the application I recommend that you specify YUVRAJ (your actual name). If possible, try to obtain a letter from the nearest Consulate of your country noting the discrepancy and that your actual name is YUVRAJ. If there is a query by the USCIS prior to approval of the B-1, additional evidence such as birth certificate and affidavit showing the name belongs to the same person can be attached to a response to a query.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora