Immigration Issues/Friend cant get his visa, wants to stay

Question
one of my best friends was sponsored to go to the same college as i did from Antigua. He graduated in computer engineering just as i did and he has not been able to get a H1-B visa to work for someone. to be able to stay in the US longer he has been getting a Masters of Divinity from the same college, and he will be done with that end of next year. We cant find any company that will sponsor him, and the visa's are always gone. He is one of the best Engineering students with a 3.7 GPA, and the work visa is keeping him from getting a job. The only relatives he has in the US are his cousins, which i think are too far related to sponsor him, even if i co-sponsor. he has been in the US for  5 years on his student visa.

So my question is this, what are the best possible things we can pursue to get him to stay? is there any way that i can sponsor him? any chance? thank you for your time and help.

William

Answer
Hi William,

Your friend would need to be sponsored by an employer for a position which requires a relevant bachelor's degree or higher. Alternatively, he can be sponsored by a close family member (such as a qualifying spouse, child, parent, or sibling). You would not be able to sponsor him (not in an individual capacity, but as an employer it may be OK).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora