Immigration Issues/GREENCARD


Dear David,
I am married to an american citizen and now we are separated because he is very abusive.
I believed i will apply I 751 next year 90 days before my anniversary.
Do you think it is a good idea if i will file a divorced now and get a lawyer?
Can i find a lawyer where i can pay installment and i will just issue him a check because i dont have enough money to pay.
Pls help i cant sleep.


what is your current immigration status?
Have you filed domestic violence against your husband?
Has he been convicted?
Foreign nationals, abused by their US spouses are eligible for relief and a special visa for abused spouses.

You must make sure you document everything, otherwise Immigration authorities might assume you are in a marriage for convenience.

There are attorneys who may take installments, but you must shop around.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Immigration Law enforcement Border Patrol


30 years Immigration law enforcement/management, criminal investigations, Homeland Security including Border Patrol operations

©2017 All rights reserved.